POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet texture WIP : Re: Planet texture WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:32:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet texture WIP
From: somebody
Date: 8 Jul 2009 20:32:05
Message: <4a553a85$1@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message

> At present this is all flat pigments, but it's already got a lot of
details
> I'm pretty pleased with. Next I plan on sorting out the bumps, finish, and
> atmosphere, but I'd welcome any suggestions.

Not bad, but a little too fractal, telltale CG. Granted, we have only one
datum and reliance on it may be too much, but I don't see any geophysical
forces of nature creating convoluted terrain that is typical of "pure"
implementations based on fractal noise or similar mathematically abstract
patterns.